A Conversation With Buckethead
If you're at all into the guitar (or were a Guns N' Roses fan), then chances are you know who Buckethead is. And if you've never heard of him, prepare to meet one of the most talented, generous, and soulful human beings around.
In this episode of Coming Alive, Barry talks to Buckethead, whose real name is Brian Carroll. In his first full-length interview ever (yes, it's really him!), Brian talks about:
- His Part X and how he uses the Tools to fight his fears
- How he learned to focus on bringing his gifts to the world instead of worrying about what others think of him
- How some major life challenges—including the death of his parents, a back injury, and heart problems—have imbued his music with more feeling
- What it feels like to be in a flow state and how to enhance the creative process
- His biggest influences and sources of inspiration, including Barry, Bootsy Collins, Paul Gilbert, Shawn Lane, and Michael Jordan.
Editor's Note: We've heard from so many of you since we published this podcast. And we really mean SO MANY of you! While Barry has long been a big fan of Brian's, we were unaware of the breadth and depth of the Buckethead community. Our hearts have been warmed by your outpouring of love and so has Brian's. Thank you.