A Conversation on Parenting With Joe Newman
Joe Newman is author of Raising Lions: The Art of Compassionate Discipline. He trains parents and teachers to transform difficult behaviors into respectful ones and gives us a clear map out of chaos and into happy, harmonious homes and classrooms.
Barry talks to Joe about:
- Joe's Part X: Resisting authority and pushing against boundaries
- Why he was late for everything well into his 30s
- Embracing mistakes and moving forward without drama
- How to teach kids autonomy
- What to do when you're angry with your kids
- How your child's Part X is trying to manipulate you
- Why conflict is a necessary learning tool for children—they need it
- The role of Reversal of Desire and the Black Sun in parenting
- How to give your kids the tools to win the war for their attention
- The importance of working on yourself in order to be of benefit to your kids
- How to create a structure, or map, within which a child can make their own choices
- Why it's important how you respond when kids don't adhere to your boundaries
Learn more about Joe at raisinglions.com.